Diorsnow Dream Skin Collection (Asia- and Nordstrom-exclusive): My Picks and Swatches!
Like most premium houses, “blanc” or “whitening” ranges usually consist mainly of skincare and base products. This year however, Dior has departed from that norm by offering a small capsule collection of limited edition makeup including:
- 1 x 5 Couleur palette: 874 Tenderness
- 1 x Fresh Cheeks Glowing Colour Powder Blush: 001
- 2 x Nail Varnishes: a bright glittery pink, and a soft glittery peach
- 1 x Addict Pure Gloss: a very translucent nude pink
- 1 x Lip Maximizer shot through with peach and pink sparkles
My personal picks out of all these are the 5 Couleur Palette 874 Tenderness, as well as the Fresh Cheeks Glowing Colour Powder Blush, which I am completely in love with.
I’d say the real star is the blush. Check out the eye palette mainly if you really love this group of colors, and don’t have anything similar. The blush on the other hand, contains 12g of product (versus the typical 4-5.5g in most premium blush ranges), comes in a gorgeous pearlescent white compact, housed in a grey sleeve, with a separate compartment for a pink bristled brush.
The gloss and Lip Maximizer I decided to pass as the colors hardly show up at all, and I’ve already got regular Lip Maximizer. As for the nail polishes, I was tempted but then again, they weren’t extremely outstanding to me.
- Availability: Like many exclusive collections, I don’t know at this point if this will be available in most countries other than Asia and the US as a Nordstrom Anniversary release.
- Price: Needless to say, Dior isn’t cheap.
- Suitability for darker skins: As a spin-off collection based on the Diorsnow whitening range, it’s not surprising that the colors on offer are better suited to lighter skins, especially since Asia is the primary market. If you have medium to dark skin, you will probably find these colors not strong enough to stand out properly on you.
That said, these are REALLY really gorgeous, and I personally find the blush backup-worthy if you like illuminating blushes and soft sakura pinks in general.
Join authors Chris Kuhn, Anthony Paull, and myself for a special event hosted by the Selby Public Library called Writing the New Woman, part of the library’s ongoing Literary Sessions series. The interactive panel will feature a moderator-led discussion about the various depictions of the modern woman in today’s fiction and include an open Q&A with audience members,
We will be discussing the female protagonists in our novels and I am very excited to talk about Amanda Fowler, the lead character from my novel, Love’s Naked Nature. Amanda is an entomologist and TV nature show host who struggles against the chauvinism of the novel’s 1970s setting to keep both her dignity and passion in her pursuit of both science and love. A modern day Shakespearean pastoral comedy, Love’s Naked Nature explores the judgments, expectations, and defense mechanisms that complicate love and friendship.
The event is free and open to the public. It takes place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 15 in the Jack G. Geldbart Auditorium in the Selby Public Library in Sarasota, Florida. After the panel and Q&A, the authors will be on hand for a book signing. Copies of their books will be on sale, but quantities may be limited. There are links below to order books beforehand.
Writing the New Woman
Saturday, March 15, 2014 (2 to 4 p.m.)
Jack G. Geldbart Auditorium
Selby Public Library
1331 1st St.
Sarasota, FL 34236
Call (941) 365-5226 for more details
You can also join the event on Facebook!
Artist Name: Steven k Schmidt
Miu Miu: What I would wear to the FW14 show
In the event that Miuccia Prada invited me to her FW14 show for the Parisian house I wouldn’t settle for wearing anything less than head to toe Miu Miu of course! I paired this look from the SS14 collection with a handbag from the same collection and classic Miu Miu sandals.